How to improve the game. Guide for Nikea.

The aim of this guide is to give Nikea (Cm Ares) some ideas/advices to improve the game, you can colaborate with comments. Most of them are oriented to improve the player experience and make it less frustrating than it is now due to some stuff…

Focus on the Story of the game
Use your money and resources to keep developping the story of the game. The story is what made unique this game (Orpheus Story) and lets be honest, it is what made big whales pay that much money and reach vip levels 45+. In all the time I have been playing this game I have meet a lot of people who played the game only by the visual novel and then even after expending insane amounts of money, they quit the game once they ended with the story. So working on the story will bring more money to you and will make a better game for all users.
Another tip related to this is to use logic time requirements to unlock the next story quest, I mean, dont use an objective (researches for example) which takes 2 or 3 weeks to finish so you dont have to wait 3 weeks to keep going with the Story. I think a gap of 1 week is optimal to keep your focus on the game and dont lose the hope of being able to end the Story some day of your life (even with out paying money).

Art
After Story, other factor which makes unique and great this game is the art design of the game and specially the art in the Gods/Heroes. I want to give you 2 advices here.

The first one is to bring back to the game the full art cards in the God details once you own him/her since it was something amazing and I will show you an example:

THIS IS AMAZING:

THIS IS…DEFINETLY LESS AMAZING:

And you can apply it to ANY god in the whole game. I mean check this:

I remember I was so hyped to get that hero just because I LOVED the art of the card, even when I knew he was going to be a worse commander than using Charlotte I made him my main commander cause it was such a badass design :slight_smile:

The second point I want to talk here is PLEASE dont lose quality in the art design just because you want to add new heroes PLEASE I beg you…Dont make the art of the game like the art in 3k PLEASE. I mean dont do this:

I dont mean the art in 3k game is bad or poor but IT IS NOT THE ART OF OS (neither God Quest) and I personally (and a lot of players like me) dont like it.

Reward your active and regular players
The only reward to regular people is the daily log in rewards which are really poor and repetitive rewards. First of all ressource crates are a useless reward and also gems boxes since the amount they give is almost irrelevant… Troop boxes are not that bad but still not a good reward in my opinion. Daily rewards should be a way to reward regular players so you should give more than once per day like 2 or 3 so you make people who wants the rewards to log in 2 or 3 daily, that will help with trades too since they will probably trade and make some stuff when they log in for daily rewards, in other games there are 3 daily events of “stamina” for example. About the rewards I guess the best reward you could offer is Vip points to help free to play players to reach at least level Vip10, you can also give “Fame” and you can also give hero fragments so people have to keep logging in to “recruit them”, or you can even make quest based in logging in days in a row like giving a 5* hero (a usefull one please) when you log in 10 days in a row…20…30… etc.

Publicity
This is a great game but nobody knows it. There are shitty game with millions of downloads and here we are. You have to invest some of the $$$$$ we give to you in making advertisement, it is the best use you can do with the money since it will bring more and new users to the game and since the game is good they will stay and they will help to make “free” publicity when they talk with friends or other stuff…
There are other ways of publicity… You can give in game quest and rewards for sharing stuff about the game, not only in facebook… you can use twitter, youtube, instagram or other social medias. Talking about youtubes you can contact small youtubers to make some gameplay about the game so people can see it and play it.
This is a game which is more enjoyable when you have a lot of people to play with and moreover the more people means the more money you will get eventually… so its a win win situation.

More bless of Gaia levels
We need more ways to get fame in the game, specially those players who are free to play. This is the best way to make it possible, put more bless of gaia levels with an exponential increase in the cost so players will have to work harder to make gold to get “free” fame, again this is a win win situation, players will have a goal to work and they wont be frustrated cause they cant get decent heroes with out paying (wich is actually the truth right now in almost 99% of players)

Reroll a hero you already have gives you a hero you dont have
What is the point on using diamonds to reroll a hero if you can (you almost always do) get a hero you already have again? This is specially ridicolous in the 8* heroes where the cost is 250 diamonds. Who is going to pay 250 diamonds which is more than 100 rerolls to get another 8* who you already have and then lose 250 diamonds? Specially when you already have almost all the heroes so the chances are even worse… Raise the price if you want but make it when you reroll you get a hero you DONT have so it will be worth to use it.

Make other kind of events
I personally enjoy the events where chasms give event items but it gets repetitive, you have to make some changes or add other kind of events. A change could be to give other rewards, for example you could let players choose the hero they want to get from 5-8* once they get enough candies/tickets/rice/etc instead of being random (it is frustrating again) or also you can put some items (equipement) in the reward pool or even some consumables like diamonds or autotrade/gold yield/etc buffs…
Another idea would be to make weekly events where you have more % of getting a kind of hero, like an archer hero or an artillery hero or an expecific hero.

Delete Hot Springs
Which is the aim of Hot Spring? It is once more a frustrating event for the player where you lose 7 days just for nothing, if a Hell gate raid is supposed to sucess cause you sent enough heroes then IT MUST BE A SUCESS no a stupid hot spring. Actually it seems like since 1 month or so you increased A LOT the hot spring % or atleast it seems to me and some friends… That has no sense and you are only frustrating players doing this.
As a plus you should give some information about how the HG raids works since it seems that most of the times it is so random :confused:

Reduce Chasms respawn cooldown
It wont hurt to reduce their respawn cooldown and it will help active players to be able to farm them more often. It is already difficult to farm them in west coordinates due to the amount of players who are now close to each one. The last 5 EQ did move players by A LOT of kingdoms so it was a sudden change. More chasms --> less problems --> rewarding active players.
Another way to go is just increasing the number of chasms in the kingdoms like you did with the number of dominions. 1 chasm per user in the kingdom sounds pretty logic for me.

Improve essences given by farming chasms
The game requirements in terms of essences is not scalating at the same speed than the essences which are given farming chasms. As a really really active player and farming an insane amount of chasms Im not getting even a significant amount of essences to keep working with my researches so I can imagine that for the average player who doesnt farm that many chasms and he cant participate in almost any high level HG it must be a pain to get enough essences to make researches (we better not talk about Mithril research :smiley:)

8 star free hero watching adds

It is way too much, like ridicously way to much adds to get the reward. You should make it less adds or allow people to watch adds in the support zone and make those adds count to the mission. Its again a win win situation, we see adds then you get more money then we can complete the quest in less thatn 1 and a half years…

As I said at the beginning leave in the comments suggestions you have too :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Agree with some things.

Getting more ways of getting essence should be a priority.
Making raids easier so we can get items and essence.

Not sure about chasm respawns faster, since having less chasm can create conflicts between players that can lead to wars making the game more interesting.

I would be against more ways of getting rare heroes faster, most players already have many of the 8 star heroes and the game would be harder and more appealing if it would be harder to get them so that they become very special.

It is easier to get an 8 star hero than to get 10k essense. Change this around.

Voted.

4 Likes

Wonderful Guide, thanks C.

2 Likes

What do you think about exp gain distribution among all vip levels?
Shouldn’t it be equal?
E X P :confounded::confounded::frowning:

Well, being high level in this game have a lot of beneficts… It is hard to say if it is fair balanced or not but it would be definetly hard to make changes on the system so I think it is enough good like it is now. Despite Exp can seem to be overpowered (and maybe it is in vips 45+) you have to remember you can benefict from it too if the high vip player let you support him for example. Moreover once you realice how the game works you will see that buffs like the Item Enhancement Odds or the Trade good price are huger than the exp one :stuck_out_tongue:

What about Anecdotes!!?
It is there in korean version.
And Exp.
(High vIps have the exp…and also that drill ticket yield-atleat one)
If significant players recharge because of exp buff,then no need and if not…then…:thinking:
or Give the old system :confounded::confounded::confounded:

And,Actually i liked those old curvy frames too instead of straight lined ones.

2 Likes

I strongly agree with almost everything up to publicity @Croxas said and also as @Prime renembers anecdotes and art were a strong point of this game.

1 Like

I agree with almost all the points listed
And I would like to add one :
Dont make useless high star heroes please it’s really frustating to get a 7 stars (atlas peloreus (new hero) for example) or 8 stars (Hecate Cronus (he is a good brawler but not good enough for a 8 star tho and his skill are mostly useless for exemple) and knowing he/ she is typically useless. Pls rework 6 star or more heroes !

2 Likes

Please add the option to Sort by Speed while attacking so that it becomes a lot easier and faster to attack Chasms.

2 Likes

Also as a minor and fast improvement a chat dedicated to guild donations could be amazing to track them much more easier :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Reduce chasm spawn time. Event items are rare, active players are stuck in small area, so 8 hours for chasm respawn is really long time. Orpheus Story had better timings.

1 Like